[Ukfreebsd] Talos II

Sevan Janiyan venture37 at geeklan.co.uk
Sat Apr 28 16:17:15 BST 2018

Hello,
The topic of the POWER based Talos systems has come up in the past here
and in the pub, following on from that, It looks the workstations have
started shipping:
http://tenfourfox.blogspot.co.uk/2018/04/unboxing-talos-ii-its-here.html

Looks pretty cool specification wise, and there's an option to pre-order
a 22 core based CPU.
I for one, welcome the return of workstations which I cannot afford!
Now if only they could work on the industrial design of the casing that
would be fantastic. I have no objection to using supermicro hardware,
but the look leaves a lot to be desired, need more SGI looks, and less
Amstrad!

Sevan