[Ukfreebsd] Recommendations for a PCI-e soundcard?

David Chisnall theraven at FreeBSD.org
Tue Mar 21 13:47:00 GMT 2017

On 21 Mar 2017, at 10:44, Paul Webster <paul.g.webster at googlemail.com> wrote:

> think I would just slap in a bluetooth adapter (+blue tooth headphones) or
> a cheap usb sound card, why waste the pci-e slot :)

One of my friends did some tests of sound quality a few years back and found that the cheap USB ones were better than anything internal.  It turns out that putting the DACs a few feet away from the computer makes a much bigger difference than anything in the component quality.

David