[Ukfreebsd] Recommendations for a PCI-e soundcard?

andy thomas andy at time-domain.co.uk
Tue Mar 21 11:08:22 GMT 2017

On Tue, 21 Mar 2017, Paul Webster wrote:

> or perhaps get two pci's and a usb 3? (not sure of support)
> https://www.amazon.co.uk/PCI-E-express-riser-USB3-0-cable/dp/B00N1VJZII/ref=pd_sim_147_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=DQ7SQ7YQM1X4WRMJEDCZ

That PCI-e to dual PCI riser card is an interesting-looking solution for
me as I could use a Creative LiveDrive II Platinum PCI card as well as
fitting the attached LiveDrive front panel with knobs & jack sockets, etc
into an unused 5.252 front bay. If I can't find a neat PCI-e solution
(there are 5 empty PCI-e x1 slots so I'm happy to give one up for sound),
I might well the go the PCI-e > PCI riser route.

Thanks for the heads-up on the PCI-e to PCI riser!

Andy