[Ukfreebsd] Recommendations for a PCI-e soundcard?

andy thomas andy at time-domain.co.uk
Sun Apr 2 09:15:39 BST 2017

Sorry for the delay but I'm very pleased to report that the Creative
Audigy RX 7.1 sound card works 'out of the box' with FreeBSD 11.

The emu10kx driver is compiled into the generic kernel so all I had to do
to test the card was to build xmms in ports, copy some MP3s to the system
and sit back & enjoy! This card has a proper headphone amp and works very
well with high impedance 600 ohm headphones, which require a higher
voltage from the sound card to get decent sound levels.

Andy