[Ukfreebsd] uname -r issue

O'Connor, Kevin KevinO'Connor at merseyfire.gov.uk
Fri Jun 19 07:46:51 BST 2015

So basically the documentation in the hand book is wrong when it states "However, freebsd-update will always update /usr/src/sys/conf/newvers.sh. The current patch level, as indicated by the -p number reported by uname -r, is obtained from this file".

I wasn't aware of freebsd-version but that does give me exactly what I need.

Thanks

Kevin
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the originator of the message.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifies and with authority, states them to be the views of Merseyside Fire & Rescue Service, (MFRS).

Incoming and outgoing emails may be monitored in line with current legislation.

Steps have been taken to ensure that this email and attachments are free from any virus.  In keeping with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free.

http://www.merseyfire.gov.uk/