[Ukfreebsd] uname -r issue

O'Connor, Kevin KevinO'Connor at merseyfire.gov.uk
Thu Jun 18 16:13:54 BST 2015

No just the standard generic kernel. I'm well aware the freebsd-update cannot rebuild a custom kernel.
> Have you rebooted since updating?
Several times. I've also re-run freebsd-update install (Nothing to update)  and rebooted
> What does dmesg or the contents of /var/run/dmesg.boot say the kernel
> version is?
Yes I should have said that is also reporting p10

> Sevan

I suppose it's remotely possible that as the generic kernel didn't need a rebuild it's still reporting the old one. I shall do a manual rebuild and see if that resolves the behaviour.

Thanks

Kevin
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the originator of the message.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifies and with authority, states them to be the views of Merseyside Fire & Rescue Service, (MFRS).

Incoming and outgoing emails may be monitored in line with current legislation.

Steps have been taken to ensure that this email and attachments are free from any virus.  In keeping with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free.

http://www.merseyfire.gov.uk/