[Ukfreebsd] Talks instead of pub meets

Justin Cormack justin at specialbusservice.com
Wed Jun 17 18:51:35 BST 2015

On 17 June 2015 at 13:31, Sevan / Venture37 <venture37 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hiya,
> Following on from talks at BSDCan on BUGs I was thinking about the
> feasibility of holding talks (monthly or bi-monthly) instead of just
> meeting up at the pub.
>
> Switching away from just a drinking club with a *BSD problem. There's
> enough of us playing around with stuff that it could be feasible.
> Maybe as a one off again to test?
>
> Thoughts?

It would be nice, but the apparent issue is that there is little
commercial activity in BSD in London, so getting a venue is hard and
getting people to talk about anything other than side projects is
hard. The Joyent people have just started a very commercial meetup, as
they want to sell Docker on SmartOS to people, but that is a different
thing.

(also organizing regular meetups is hard; I am about to restart London
Lua after a coupleof years)...

Justin