[Ukfreebsd] Talks instead of pub meets

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Wed Jun 17 14:33:29 BST 2015

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 01:31:59PM +0100, Sevan / Venture37 wrote:

> Following on from talks at BSDCan on BUGs I was thinking about the
> feasibility of holding talks (monthly or bi-monthly) instead of just
> meeting up at the pub.
>
> Switching away from just a drinking club with a *BSD problem. There's
> enough of us playing around with stuff that it could be feasible.
> Maybe as a one off again to test?

London Perl Mongers - another drinking club with an IT-ish problem - has
monthly boozing, and then roughly quarterly tech meets.  It's a format
that works well. The next tech meet is the 13th of August IIRC.

London.pm also has occasional hack days, at which non-perl hacking is
welcome.

[CCed London.pm grand high panjandrum]

--
David Cantrell