[Ukfreebsd] Notes from last nights meeting

Jon Schneider jon at axismilton.ltd.uk
Mon May 26 12:48:34 BST 2014

Yes indeed and if I'd known or paid proper attention to what was going to
be discussed I'd have dropped my prior engagement.

Being involved in ethernet TAPs I can also imagine doing something
_useful_ with NetFPGA.

May I again bring up the subject of a (pub ?) meeting in Cambridge as the
last was far too long ago.

Jon

> What a great list of topics -- very sorry to have missed it, but I had
local obligations last night!
> The NetFPGA 10G work taking place here at Cambridge is quite exciting --
we are looking at FreeBSD host device drivers, but rather more
> interesting, we actually have FreeBSD running on a MIPS soft core inside
of the FPGA on the card, meaning that cards can be used 'standalone'
without host PCs. We hope to bring up the switch software stack on a
BERI
> processor instance to allow this to be taken to fruition.
> Robert
> On 23 May 2014, at 09:48, Sevan / Venture37 <venture37 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Booting FreeBSD on Parallela
>> http://forums.parallella.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1090#p7393
>> Project Management
>> ad(4) to ada(4), time to switch back now?
>> FreeBSD jobs
>> Alpha testing network hardware
>> Handling core dependencies getting an update (portupgrade or
postmaster)
>> Testing 10Gbe with Rumpkernel
>> 40GbE
>> NetFPGA-10G