[Ukfreebsd] Notes from last nights meeting

Robert N. M. Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Fri May 23 10:35:56 BST 2014

What a great list of topics -- very sorry to have missed it, but I had local obligations last night!

The NetFPGA 10G work taking place here at Cambridge is quite exciting -- we are looking at FreeBSD host device drivers, but rather more interesting, we actually have FreeBSD running on a MIPS soft core inside of the FPGA on the card, meaning that cards can be used 'standalone' without host PCs. We hope to bring up the switch software stack on a BERI processor instance to allow this to be taken to fruition.

Robert