[Ukfreebsd] freebsd.org.uk?

Robert N. M. Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Fri May 9 10:14:15 BST 2014

On 9 May 2014, at 10:09, Dr Josef Karthauser <joe at tao.org.uk> wrote:

>>> I've got freebsd.org.uk - I think that Brian Somers registered it
>>>
>>> It would seem foolish to let it go to the drop-catchers and the open market
>>> of secondary domain sales.
>>>
>>> I'm happy to pay for it to keep it safe until somebody here has a use for
>>> it if nobody else wants to take it on right now.
>>
>> I must have missed the original e-mail here. It might make sense to transfer it to the FreeBSD Foundation, which holds an increasing number of the international domain-name variants? The costs are pretty low to renewing the domain name; it's content that's tricky to maintain.
>
> Sounds like a good idea. Do you know who would be the point of contact there?

Drop an e-mail to Deb Goodkin <deb at FreeBSDFoundation.org>, the executive director, and CC me if you don't mind. It's probably not in her purview to figure out where freebsd.org.uk should point, but if the FreeBSD community can figure that out, she can help arrange the domain-name side.

Robert