[Ukfreebsd] freebsd.org.uk?

Robert N. M. Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Fri May 9 09:53:50 BST 2014

On 9 May 2014, at 09:48, Paul Robinson <paul at iconoplex.co.uk> wrote:

> On 8 May 2014 21:44, Dr Josef Karthauser <joe at tao.org.uk> wrote:
>
> I've got freebsd.org.uk - I think that Brian Somers registered it
>> originally. Anyway, its coming up for renewal and I don't have any use for
>> it anymore. Before I let it got, does anyone here want it for anything?
>
> It would seem foolish to let it go to the drop-catchers and the open market
> of secondary domain sales.
>
> I'm happy to pay for it to keep it safe until somebody here has a use for
> it if nobody else wants to take it on right now.

I must have missed the original e-mail here. It might make sense to transfer it to the FreeBSD Foundation, which holds an increasing number of the international domain-name variants? The costs are pretty low to renewing the domain name; it's content that's tricky to maintain.

Robert