[Ukfreebsd] Filesystem doesn't recover

Jon Schneider jon at axismilton.ltd.uk
Thu Nov 7 10:45:04 GMT 2013

For those that have forgotten I found that on a 9.1 virtualbox
installation if you rm -rf ed /usr/ports you got a kernel panic.

After that to fix the (regular UFS/FFS) filesystem you had to do it manually.

Putting aside the original cause (presumably the virtual device driver
being too slow) is it just me that finds FreeBSD won't sort out its
filesystem automatically afterwards wrong ?

What happened to the background fsck that was supposed to happen at boot ?

Jon