[Ukfreebsd] look familiar?

James O'Gorman james at netinertia.co.uk
Thu May 9 22:05:22 BST 2013

On Thu, May 09, 2013 at 09:41:37PM +0100, Mark Blackman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Having recently acquired a Juniper MX router, I couldn't resist
> looking at the boot up messages and found this preamble amusing, both
> for the familiar parts and the exotic ones and the cpu0 in particular.

Yep, Juniper are well-known users/consumers/sponsors of FreeBSD.

Back in the days of Nokia IPSO, that was also based on FreeBSD. Right up
until IPSO 4.2 it was based on a modified version of FreeBSD 2.2! IPSO
6 brought it up to FreeBSD 6.

Sadly Check Point bought Nokia's security business and have replaced
IPSO with Linux in the unholy mess that is GAIA. :-(

James