[Ukfreebsd] Copper port link strangeness

Jon Schneider jon at axismilton.ltd.uk
Wed Aug 14 13:49:08 BST 2013

Sorry for the completely off-topic mail but I know some of you deal with
infrastructure.

Has anybody seen any issues with copper ports on a large manufacturer's
router model 28xx or 3945 unexpectedly not linking with _certain_ other
pieces of kit ?

Or links that come up and go down at random but without any errors
(including but not limited to FCS, Jabber, RxErrors...) when up ? Cable
problems ruled out.

Sorry this is a bit vague but that's how strange some problems we've seen
recently are.

Jon