[Ukfreebsd] Login

M Bernard Richards admin at mathematics-tuition.co.uk
Sun Sep 23 19:32:45 BST 2012

Hi,

I just tried to install PCBSD alongside FreeBSD, hoping to partition the
HDD using the PCBSD installation CD, and so made the DVDrom the first to
boot.

Unfortunately it did not work. Later I tried to login into FreeBSD and
the password was not recognised.
Only when the boot order was restored to the HDD first and the DVDrom
second, did the login details become known to the box again.

Is this by chance or by design do you think?

Here's uname -a output:

FreeBSD mybox.home 9.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE #0: Tue Jan  3
07:15:25 UTC 2012
root at obrian.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

Best wishes

Bernard.