[Ukfreebsd] PCI vulnerability in OpenSSL 0.9.8e

O'Connor, Kevin KevinO'Connor at merseyfire.gov.uk
Wed Nov 7 11:02:31 GMT 2012

Mervyn,

FreeBSD 7.1 went EOL 28th Feb 2011. This means that there has been no
security patches since then.
OpenSSL is currently 1.0.1_4

However I think if you try to run portsnap on that box to update the
installed software you will find lots of stuff might break.

Can I suggest you read the hand book on using freebsd-update to bring
the system up to 8.3 which will be supported until April 2014

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/updating-upgra
ding.html

Regards

Kevin