[Ukfreebsd] Plug Computing

Jonathan Schneider jon at axismilton.ltd.uk
Sun Feb 26 18:07:49 GMT 2012

No but have an original SheevaPlug in the house doing vaguely useful stuff. Originally bought as more useful and rather cheaper than the official Marvell 88F... dev board.

When I last looked there wasn't a suitable flash filesystem for FreeBSD and it only network booted.

We're using some Marvell switch products with much the same core at work in our products so have got familiar with YAFFS2. Not sure how easily it would graft onto a BSD but it's good on the kernel beginning with L and seems cleanly enough structured that it would not be difficult.

Does any BSD have a NAND handling layer like MTD ?

Jon