[Ukfreebsd] Web Developer/Sysadmin Vacancy

Sevan / Venture37 venture37 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 18:14:17 BST 2012

Web Developer/Sysadmin

Role:

We're looking for an enthusiastic Web Developer/Sysadmin (PHP/Python,
Unix) to drive the development of our E-Commerce application and shape
the architecture of our hosting environment. As the lead
developer/technologist, your input will be central to the development of
the product and the technologies employed. You will also provide System
Admin for our UNIX servers.

Company:

Dining Solutions provide a Takeaway Online Ordering E-Commerce system
which allows restaurants to grow their own-branded online takeaway
business with low risk. We're a small, switched-on, growing business,
with founders who are passionate about creating a great working
environment. They bring their experience from larger companies to the
smaller and more personal environment of the Business.

You'll be working directly for the two founders of the business, hence,
you'll really make a difference and will have direct involvement in the
running of the Business and contact with clients! Over time, for the
right person, there's the future possibility of share ownership.

We're all for giving you the freedom and flexibility to do the job in
the way you're the most motivated. Hence, you'll be able mix working
from home with working from our London base.

We've created an organisation which cares and feels more like a group of
friends who work together, while also being professional and focussed
around delivering on our core objectives. The founders both being from
technical backgrounds, intimately understand the need for your ongoing
professional development and the satisfaction from allowing you to use
and explore new technologies we might harness for the business's benefit.

You:

You'll be a generalist with a strong Computer Science background and
with opinions on the latest web development tools & languages. You'll be
familiar with Unix internals.

You'll enjoy solving complex problems, be comfortable crafting complex
SQL queries and happy architecting, testing and implementing web
applications. You'll work to improve our infrastructure, design and
support new services and write tools to monitor and maintain systems.
You'll understand how to design scalable, elegant and maintainable
solutions.

Essential

- Understanding of Networking fundamentals - especially TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP
- BSD UNIX SysAdmin experience
- Web Development PHP, MySQL, Javascript & AJAX, HTML/CSS
- Testing : writing and maintaining automated tests, unit testing
- Writing & Maintaining Documentation
- Firm grasp of Relational DB concepts & SQL. Familiar with MySQL admin.

Desirable - not essential!

- Experience with Asterisk PBX & SIP/VoIP
- Experience of Selenium RC - testing package
- Python programming
- Familiarity with Unix Internal concepts
- Contributions to Open Source

Salary: negotiable
Contact: jobs at diningsolutions.com