[Ukfreebsd] Web Developer/Sysadmin Vacancy

Sevan / Venture37 venture37 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 13:56:58 BST 2012

Web Developer/Sysadmin

Role:

We're looking for an enthusiastic Web Developer/Sysadmin (PHP/Python, Unix) to drive the development of our E-Commerce application and shape the architecture of our hosting environment. As the lead developer/technologist, your input will be central to the development of the product and the technologies employed. You will also provide System Admin for our UNIX servers.

Company:

Dining Solutions provide a Takeaway Online Ordering E-Commerce system which allows restaurants to grow their own-branded online takeaway business with low risk. We're a small, switched-on, growing business, with founders who are passionate about creating a great working environment. They bring their experience from larger companies to the smaller and more personal environment of the Business.

You'll be working directly for the two founders of the business, hence, you'll really make a difference and will have direct involvement in the running of the Business and contact with clients! Over time, for the right person, there's the future possibility of share ownership.

We're all for giving you the freedom and flexibility to do the job in the way you're the most motivated. Hence, you'll be able mix working from home with working from our London base.

We've created an organisation which cares and feels more like a group of friends who work together, while also being professional and focussed around delivering on our core objectives. The founders both being from technical backgrounds, intimately understand the need for your ongoing professional development and the satisfaction from allowing you to use and explore new technologies we might harness for the business's benefit.

You:

You'll be a generalist with a strong Computer Science background and with opinions on the latest web development tools & languages. You'll be familiar with Unix internals.

You'll enjoy solving complex problems, be comfortable crafting complex SQL queries and happy architecting, testing and implementing web applications. You'll work to improve our infrastructure, design and support new services and write tools to monitor and maintain systems. You'll understand how to design scalable, elegant and maintainable solutions.

	Essential

	- Understanding of Networking fundamentals - especially TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP
	- BSD UNIX SysAdmin experience
	- Web Development PHP, MySQL, Javascript & AJAX, HTML/CSS
	- Testing : writing and maintaining automated tests, unit testing
	- Writing & Maintaining Documentation
	- Firm grasp of Relational DB concepts & SQL. Familiar with MySQL admin.

	Desirable - not essential!

	- Experience with Asterisk PBX & SIP/VoIP
	- Experience of Selenium RC - testing package
	- Python programming
	- Familiarity with Unix Internal concepts
	- Contributions to Open Source

Salary: negotiable
Contact: jobs at diningsolutions.com