[Ukfreebsd] Building a new FreeBSD box

Dave Gallagher david.gallagher at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jun 7 20:18:24 BST 2011

On Sunday 05 June 2011, k k wrote:
> FreeBSD 8.1-RELEASE #0: Mon Jul 19 02:36:49 UTC 2010CPU: AMD Phenom(tm)
> 9650 Quad-Core Processor (2304.93-MHz K8-class CPU memory  2048 MB
> i have gigabyte  GA-MA770-u.... motherboard
> I run Virtual box 3.2.6 [no sound]
> There is a soundcard on board, you have to set it on BIOS , if you want it.
> if it helps.....

Thanks.  Looks like that board doesn't support the level/speed of CPU and/or
RAM I'm after.  I'll have a closer look at the chipsets on it though and see
how that compares with newer stuff.

I'm surprised there's not more people running new(ish) hardware on the list
though.  Are all of us IT type people either out of work or on crap wages
these days? ;-)

--
Dave