[Ukfreebsd] Notes from Julys London *BSD meetup

Sevan / Venture37 venture37 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 13:11:28 BST 2011

MacOS X 10.7 aka Lion
ipfiter is out & pf is in on Lion
On-disk encryption in Lion
Wan boot like functionality built into new Macs shipping this month
.net & Microsoft research
Computer history museum channel on youtube
CHM talk by ex Xerox now MS Research employees on the Alto
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H2BPrgxedY
Wireless input devices & 2.4Ghz fun (not)
Dealing with PCI compliance & "Our security auditor is an idiot, how
do I give him the information he wants?"
http://serverfault.com/questions/293217/our-security-auditor-is-an-idiot-how-do-i-give-him-the-information-he-wants
Unix Certification http://www.opengroup.org/platform/unix_certification/
VNC & ARD vs Citrix & RDP/TS
Debian Weezy "Multi-platform support" - we/I? thought this was fat
binary support it turns out to be an implementation of the NetBSD like
build env where you can cross compile with ease + some
http://www.debian.org/News/2011/20110726b
UTF8 vs UTF16 - little gained by the bloat of UTF16
MirBSD http://bsdtalk.blogspot.com/2006/11/bsdtalk081-thorsten-glaser-from-miros.html
MirBSD Korn Shell (mksh) vs OpenBSD pdksh
http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=130347486917030&w=2
pkgsrc on interix aka opennt aka SFU aka SUA

Sevan