[Ukfreebsd] cvsup.uk.freebsd.org aka cvsup3.uk.freebsd.org aka sesame.csx.cam.ac.uk

Robert N. M. Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jul 1 19:39:23 BST 2011

On 1 Jul 2011, at 16:37, Pete French wrote:

> Interertsingly, the "Access l;imit exceeded" I get if I try and
> csup from two machines in the same /64 - not sure why. I
> could understand if it was IPv4 and they were from the same address,
> but these are different IPv6 addresses.

This is probably because cvsupd doesn't support IPv6 natively, so we're forwarding the port to its IPv4 address. The forwarded source address is probably 127.0.0.1, and so that resource limit is being applied. The right answer is to turn off that resource limit, since it's not really sensible in a post-NAT world anyway. I'll give that a prod later today and see if I can figure out how to do it.

(This might explain the earlier problems reported by Seven -- as the number of IPv6 users is going up, the chances of simultaneous sessions goes up!)

Robert