[Ukfreebsd] nice little storage server for 112GBP

Darko Arandjelovic darko at nexgenbusiness.co.uk
Wed Jan 12 14:15:38 GMT 2011

Yes, forgot these ARE ex-VAT.

-----Original Message-----
From: ukfreebsd-bounces at uk.freebsd.org [mailto:ukfreebsd-bounces at uk.freebsd.org] On Behalf Of Daniel Austin
Sent: 12 January 2011 13:53
To: UK FreeBSD Users
Subject: Re: [Ukfreebsd] nice little storage server for 112GBP

Hi,

On 12/01/2011 12:51, Darko Arandjelovic wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> I've just checked with our procurement - we pay  £39-00 for Kingstong Value RAM KVR1333D3E9S/4G 4G modules and £42-00 for Crucial CT51272BA1339 modules.
> Specification is as per your email: DDR3 DIMMs (PC3-10600) 240-pin un-buffered ECC.

That sounds about right.  Perhaps ex-VAT pricing though.

You can put the server to 8GB for around £90.

I kept mine at 1GB.  The extra ram would be nice for ZFS caching, but it performs adequetly for me with 1GB :-)

Thanks,

Dan.

dangerous content by our Antivirus and Antispam MailScanners
and is believed to be clean.
If you find that this message does contain a virus or came as spam,
please contact NexGen Business:

it at nexgenbusiness.co.uk