[Ukfreebsd] nice little storage server for 112GBP

Darko Arandjelovic darko at nexgenbusiness.co.uk
Wed Jan 12 12:16:12 GMT 2011

It seems expensive ?

I am pretty sure we pay £15 +VAT for 2GB DDR3 modules and £20 for DDR2 2GB modules - hence 4 of those modules would cost £60/80 respectively (to make for 8Gb RAM). These are Kingston Value RAM modules.

I did not bother to look at the specification -- does the box use DDR2 or DDR3 RAM and how many modules can you put it 2 or 4, please?
BTW, the 4GB modules cost £29 for 4GB DDR3 RAM and about £42 for DDR2 4GB modules -- also Kingston Value RAM.

Hope it helps.