[Ukfreebsd] nice little storage server for 112GBP

Jonathan Belson jon at witchspace.com
Wed Jan 12 09:54:39 GMT 2011

On 31/12/2010 11:18, Mark Blackman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just thought I would let everyone know about this
> deal on this potential storage server, if you've not seen it.
>
> http://www.it247.com/product/1/XXHSUK23/612275-421-HP-ProLiant-MicroServer-Dual-Core-1-3Ghz-AMD-Athlon-II.html
>
> needless to say, i've picked one up and installed FreeBSD 8.2RC1 on with
> ZFS across 4-drives (only 1 160GB drive is included).

Has anyone got any zfs RAIDZ benchmarks to share?  I'm quite interested in
getting one of these to replace my Dell PowerEdge SC440 (cost me 99GBP direct
from Dell!) due to the reduced size/noise/power and extra drive bays, but I was
concerned the slower CPU might affect performance.  It would mainly get used as
an SMB file store and IMAP server.

Cheers,

--Jon