[Ukfreebsd] nice little storage server for 112GBP

Mark Blackman mark at blackmans.org
Sat Jan 8 10:01:50 GMT 2011

On 31 Dec 2010, at 11:18, Mark Blackman wrote:

> needless to say, i've picked one up and installed FreeBSD 8.2RC1 on with
> ZFS across 4-drives (only 1 160GB drive is included).

The main point of this box is to use as a Time Machine backup drive,
but authentication under AFP is giving me a bit of grief. There's
a million, all subtly different blog entries on the point, but
so far my time investment of one hour hasn't produced a result.
The machine shows up in the network, but can't authenticate successfully.

Anyone else got AFP and time machine backups working to a FreeBSD
box?

Cheers,
Mark