[Ukfreebsd] load balancing

Pete French pete at twisted.org.uk
Thu Jan 6 15:42:45 GMT 2011

Thanks for the advice gounys - I did a bit more research on my own as well,
and I think I am going to try nginx in the first instance. HAproxy looks
good, but I need SSL and I also need to have the client IP address
passed to the webservers (along with the fact that SSL was used). I cant see
a way to do that with HAProxy, unless anyone knows different ?

I havent looked at pfSense before, and I may give that a try - my network
setup is slightly complex due to the IPv6 requirement though (has anyone
got a good way to make rtadvd co-operate with carp by the way?), plus
one of my other aims in doing this was to have evr system runnign exactly
the same operating system and kernel. Am not too afraid to configure pf by
hand as I already do this at a number of sites.

I shall let you know how I get on ;)

cheers,

-pete.