[Ukfreebsd] load balancing

Pete French pete at twisted.org.uk
Wed Jan 5 17:09:44 GMT 2011

So, has anybody got any experinece of using FreebSD as a firewall/loadbalancer
at all ? I currently have a lot of boxes behind a very nice set of
Coyote Equalisers (irnoncly, FreebSD based themselves), but I am wanting to
move to a situation where I just have a pair of BSD boxes running carp and
doing the load balancing. Mainly so when I go to some nice people to
rent some rackspace I dont have to pay for an extra 6 U!

I found relayd in ports - has anybody tried using that ?

cheers,

-pete.