[Ukfreebsd] World Famous Spiegel CD/DVD Iso Image Burner

Frank Mitchell mitchell at wyatt672earp.force9.co.uk
Wed Aug 17 17:41:38 BST 2011

Hi all:

Mid-June I sent people a tar.gz with the Source Code for Spiegel, my simple
CD/DVD Iso Image Burner. This got classed as SPAM, and lost its tar.gz. But
you can see the Source Code on the Internet now, if you're curious. Just
google for "freebsd spiegel".

I sent the bare Source Code to "freebsd-chat" and "freebsd-hackers" even
though it's a Linux Utility, because FreeBSD is changing its ATAPI Interface.
As a result my email automatically got converted into Web Pages. I can't tell
how many people have tried running Spiegel, but I haven't had any complaints
so far.

So if you have problems with your version of "cdrecord" (and I know somebody
who does) or if you just want to discover the mechanics of CD/DVD Burning,
Spiegel could interest you. Just save the Web Page as a Text File and cut
along the dotted lines. The Code is for 32-Bit Linux PC.

Yours Truly: Frank Mitchell