[Ukfreebsd] Notes from Octobers meeting

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Fri Oct 29 18:02:51 BST 2010

On Fri, 29 Oct 2010, Sevan / Venture37 wrote:

>> As George Neville-Neil pointed out recently, Zeno's Paradox applies to my
>> PhD thesis pretty well. For the past month I've been one week away from
>> submitting, and the claim is that today (well, yesterday) I'm submitting
>> tomorrow (today). I'll follow up and let you know/if how it worked out :-).
>
> Best of luck for tomorrow (today) :)

Zeno was wrong: once the time remaining until submission gets below a certain
theshold, rounding error kicks in and you discovered you have submitted.
Which is to say, I've now submitted, and hope therefore to start making it to
some of these London BSD events in the future! (*)

Robert

* Only I'll be in DC next week for a DARPA meeting, and then away in NYC later
   in November, so no promises.