[Ukfreebsd] late May *BSD meet in London

Simon Dick simond at irrelevant.org
Wed May 12 12:01:10 BST 2010

On 11 May 2010 12:35, Pete French <pete at twisted.org.uk> wrote:
>> Mostly I just wonder if anyone in London uses BSD anymore. :)
>
> We do - got two farms out at Slough, and a third in Louisiana, all
> masterminded from a little office in Angel :-) Having said that though,
> if anyone has any jobs going doing BSD in London then I would be
> very interested in shifting right now...

Having only just got a new FreeBSD job, there's not a lot around at
all (we're only looking for intern type level sys admins now though,
and that probably mostly to look after the dogs body windows and
desktop stuff)

> It's curious how many of us can't make pub meets anymore - I am wondering if
> it's because we've all being doing BSD a long time, so we've all got to a
> certain age where it's less easy to slip out in the evenings (i.e. partners
> and families and other such commitments). Less youthful types around here
> maybe ... they are all off doing the penguin thing?

Personally I have a wife and 2 kids, they are what makes it more
awkward giong out for drinks :)