[Ukfreebsd] Openbgpd

Sevan / Venture37 venture37 at gmail.com
Mon May 10 13:28:39 BST 2010

On 10 May 2010 10:42, O'Connor, Kevin <KevinO'Connor at merseyfire.gov.uk> wrote:
> One of the great things about FreeBSd is every time I go off to use an
> obscure port I find someone is putting a load of hard work into making
> it feature complete. I'd been looking at it on the openbgpd site and
> hadn't actually checked the port revision. So just assumed it was the
> same as the OpenBSD version.

The version of OpenBGPd available from FreeBSD ports is the OpenBSD
specific code taken from a release, there is no portable version of
the code like on OpenSSH which has additional code to insure that it
runs correctly on other operating systems.
You may want to check with the maintainer to find out if any
functionality is missing, though the port may be up to date its still
openbsd specific & looking at the messages of previous commits certain
things have been turned off in the past due to various reasons. The
misc at openbsd.org mailing list archive is worth checking out as well as
the question has been answered on there before. Then again if you're
only looking for basic functionality it may work just fine.

Sevan