[Ukfreebsd] iSCSI was Re: knock knock

O'Connor, Kevin KevinO'Connor at merseyfire.gov.uk
Thu Mar 25 08:32:39 GMT 2010

Ah ZFS Now there is another can of worms.
Sadly unless I'm mistaken (It wouldn't be the first time) the FreeBSD
implementation of ZFS still does not contain the kernel CIFS and iSCSI
support. There is also the problem of where ZFS is going due to the SUN
acquisition by Oracle. FreeNAS does have some iSCSI support and we do
use it here as an rsync server for centralising the backups but it never
really IMHO reached production quality for enterprise deployment
although with the changes going on there I live in hope.

If none on the list can offer pointers on iSCSI deployment I guess I'll
just have to suck it and see. Maybe the guys over at HP can offer some
advice beyond "It's not supported"

Kevin

> Sevan

If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the originator of the message.

except where the sender specifies and with authority, states them to be
the views of Merseyside Fire & Rescue Service, (MFRS).

Incoming and outgoing emails may be monitored in line with current legislation.

Steps have been taken to ensure that this email and attachments are
free from any virus.  In keeping with good computing practice the
recipient should ensure they are actually virus free.

http://www.merseyfire.gov.uk/