[Ukfreebsd] proposed *BSD meet / people interested in distributed systems?

Luke Marsden luke-lists at hybrid-logic.co.uk
Thu Jun 24 16:30:21 BST 2010

Hi all,

The pub meet sounded great, shame I couldn't make it up from Bristol.
I'll make more effort for the next one!

I would also be very interested in doing a "talk-let" in July - either
London or Cambridge is fine. I'm working on a distributed web cluster
using FreeBSD and ZFS, the core of which will be open-sourced soon at
http://code.google.com/p/hcfs/

I'm preparing a talk for the London OpenSolaris User Group on 21st July,
in the same session that James O'Gorman is talking about Jails vs.
Zones. If anyone's interested in coming along to that you can register
on the LOSUG website [1] up to a week before the event.

If there's anyone on-list who's working in the area of distributed
systems and algorithms, cluster technology and the like, do give me a
shout on luke at hybrid-logic.co.uk, I'd love to talk!

Cheers,
Luke Marsden

[1] http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/User+Group+losug/