[Ukfreebsd] **FREE BEER* was Re: Two BSD technical presentations at 6.30pm, Tues, July 27th, London.

Mark Blackman mark at blackmans.org
Mon Jul 26 22:20:58 BST 2010

On 26 Jul 2010, at 20:24, James O'Gorman wrote:

> On 26 Jul 2010, at 14:29, Mark Blackman wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just one last reminder about these presentations tomorrow!
>>
>> a. Free Beer (plus I'm sure some of us will go to a nearby pub afterward)
>
> What are the decent nearby pubs? Perhaps if we designate one now then people who can't make 6.30 (for whatever reason) can join us later.

I suggest The Edgar Wallace from 8.15pm:

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/55/5511/Edgar_Wallace/Temple

Can have an intimidating number of suits, but still a good
pub on a nice summer's evening.

Not sure about the camcorders, but maybe we can sort something
out.

Finally, as we don't have many signed up, drop-ins are welcome tomorrow,
so turn up if even if you haven't signed up!

http://www.exonetric.com/meeting.html

and if you turn up after 6.30pm, here's how to get in.

go through the back door here (and ask for "JISC Collections" office,
security staff at back door will not know the event name):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dff-jisc/4292158769/

Cheers,
Mark