[Ukfreebsd] Two BSD technical presentations at 6.30pm, Tues, July 27th, London.

Mark Blackman mark at blackmans.org
Wed Jul 14 12:12:34 BST 2010

Hi,

I'm pleased to report that we been given access to some very well
located meeting rooms in London through the kind auspices of David
Flanders of JISC and two presenters have  agreed to present on July 27th,
including *FREE* Beer and crisps for those turning up from 6pm.

*** WHO and WHAT ***

James O'Gorman:

- Comparing FreeBSD Jails and Solaris Zones

Luke Marsden:

- Describing a distributed web cluster using FreeBSD and ZFS, the core
of which will be open-sourced soon at http://code.google.com/p/hcfs/

*** WHEN ***

Tuesday, no later than 6.30pm, July 27th, only 13 days away!

sign up at: http://www.exonetric.com/meeting.html

*** WHERE ***

JISC London office, between Temple and Embankment tubes
just off the Strand.

http://www.jisc.ac.uk/contactus/findus/london.aspx

The main entrance to the venue will be locked up tight at 6.30pm on
the dot, so please arrive by 6.30, otherwise you'll need to find your
way to the back entrance which is quite hard to find apparently.

The presentation space is limited to 40 places, so I've hastily
created a sign-up form at

http://www.exonetric.com/meeting.html

to capture the first 40 signups for these presentations.

Cheers,
Mark