[Ukfreebsd] Julys LOSUG meeting, on a FreeBSD tip

Robert N. M. Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jul 6 22:09:13 BST 2010

On 6 Jul 2010, at 21:26, Sevan / Venture37 wrote:

> This months LOSUG meeting details have been announced,
> http://www.ukoug.org/calendar/show_event.jsp?id=5122
> there will be two talks, both involving FreeBSD which is very cool,
> one of them by list member James O'Gorman which some of you may have
> met at the *BSD meetings.

Neat, the FreeBSD world domination plan continues? :-)

BTW, the FreeBSD Foundation has just funded a contract to Rui Paulo to complete userspace DTrace support for FreeBSD; up until now we've supported DTrace on the kernel, but not on userspace. I'm not sure we have this news up on our web site yet, but if not, we will soon. Many potential FreeBSD users in the Solaris space had pointed out that this was a critical feature omission ... and they were right :-).

Robert