[Ukfreebsd] Vote FreeBSD

James O'Gorman james at netinertia.co.uk
Mon Dec 13 23:04:27 GMT 2010

On 13/12/2010 20:56, Robert N. M. Watson wrote:

> At the risk of referencing an aged and perhaps somewhat dubious
> advertising slogan: "A better Linux than Linux".

I think I might have used that line (or something similar) when I did my
Jails vs Zones talk at LOSUG and mentioned Linux binary compatibility. :-)

> At my UKUUG talk on virtual network stacks, a lot of interest came up
> when I mentioned you could combine FreeBSD jails, with virtual
> network stacks, and a Linux userspace...

And now that OpenSolaris is dead that might have got even more people's
attention.

(Actually I've yet to try VIMAGE. I should really get around to doing that.)

James