[Ukfreebsd] Vote FreeBSD

Robert N. M. Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Mon Dec 13 20:56:37 GMT 2010

On 13 Dec 2010, at 20:11, James O'Gorman wrote:

>>> No, it's GNU/kFreeBSD.
>>
>> ha, indeed i've seen that and wondered what's the point.
>
> It means that if you're a bit sick in the head (like me) you can run
> Debian in a jail.

At the risk of referencing an aged and perhaps somewhat dubious advertising slogan: "A better Linux than Linux". At my UKUUG talk on virtual network stacks, a lot of interest came up when I mentioned you could combine FreeBSD jails, with virtual network stacks, and a Linux userspace...

Robert