[Ukfreebsd] NFS from within a jail

Robert N. M. Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Thu Apr 29 18:52:58 BST 2010

On 27 Apr 2010, at 20:59, Sevan / Venture37 wrote:

> I'm trying to get tinderbox running in a jail but falling short on the
> NFS config side of things, when initiating a build I'm getting
> RPCPROG_NFS: RPC: Program not registered, anyone had any joy with NFS
> from within jails?
> I'm running 8.0-RELEASE.

In general, you have to do any mounting from outside the Jail, and then the Jail is able to use the file system if it's visible in the Jail's file system namespace. It could be that you're not running one of a pile of daemons sometimes/often required with NFS -- normally rpcbind, rpc.statd, and rpc.lockd, which should run in the host environment.

Robert