[Ukfreebsd] NFS from within a jail

Mark Blackman mark at blackmans.org
Tue Apr 27 21:49:25 BST 2010

On 27 Apr 2010, at 21:37, Mark Blackman wrote:

> On 27 Apr 2010, at 20:59, Sevan / Venture37 wrote:
>
>> Hi Guys,
>> I'm trying to get tinderbox running in a jail but falling short on the
>> NFS config side of things, when initiating a build I'm getting
>> RPCPROG_NFS: RPC: Program not registered, anyone had any joy with NFS
>> from within jails?
>> I'm running 8.0-RELEASE.
>
> I'm not sure if NFS should work within a jail, but the message you're
> reporting makes me think of an issue with the portmapper.
>
> a) is portmapper running?
> b) is portmapper available from within the jail?
>
> I suppose you're running an NFS client there right?

Seems NFS clients should be fine in jails. I can also see that
I've not kept up with NFS under FreeBSD. Apparently, we've moved
on to  'rpcbind' (server side) instead of 'portmap'.

This URL, http://www.freebsddiary.org/nfs-portmap.php , seems to
suggest it's a matter of adjusting the hosts.allow on the server, but
I wonder if you have configuration access to the NFS server in
question.

- Mark