[Ukfreebsd] [FreeBSD-Announce] FreeBSD Status Report January-March, 2010 (fwd)

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Fri Apr 23 15:15:40 BST 2010

On Fri, 23 Apr 2010, Sevan / Venture37 wrote:

> On 23/04/2010 14:59, Robert Watson wrote:
>>
>> Probably many folks have seen this already, but I figured I'd send it out
>> anyway since there's some interesting stuff. It certainly doesn't cover all
>> the stuff going on (after all, do you enjoy sending status reports? :-),
>> but certainly a survey of some of the more interesting things.
>
> Are there any plans for reviving FreeBSD/sun4v??

I'm not aware of active work in this area, although the sparc64 folks are
clearly getting stuff done on related architectures.  I'm not sure what it
would take to motivate further improvement on sun4v: the basic port appeared
to work moderately well but there were stability issues relating to VM, and I
think it wasn't yet able to run as a logical domain (perhaps have the wrong
terminology).  So there's a very strong starting point for anyone who wanted
to pick this up as a project, but no active hands currently I think.

Robert