[Ukfreebsd] UK Based FreeBSD VPS suppliers

Robert N. M. Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Tue Apr 6 17:01:16 BST 2010

On 6 Apr 2010, at 16:16, Matthew Seaman wrote:

>> Exonetric are planning a FreeBSD 8 service at the moment but still based
>> on standard jails. Is there any interest in a vimage-based service?
>
> Hmmm... interesting.  Not for the project I'm currently working on though.
>
> Does vimage play well with things like PF yet?  Last I tried
> (8.0-RELEASE) that combo resulted in an amusing
> reboot-crash-reboot-crash-.... cycle.

VIMAGE remains an experimental feature :-). However, the FreeBSD Foundation is about to announce some new funded work to help push it towards productionability. This is an area where more hands would definitely help!

Robert