[Ukfreebsd] FreeBSD/EC2

Robert N. M. Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Mon Apr 5 16:44:12 BST 2010

On 5 Apr 2010, at 11:42, Sevan / Venture37 wrote:

> Colin Percival has posted a blog post asking for feedback on FreeBSD EC2 support
> http://www.daemonology.net/blog/2010-04-05-FreeBSD-EC2.html

As I understand it, the primary known issue is that EC2 uses an older version of the Xen ABI between the hypervisor and the OS kernel, and FreeBSD's Xen guest support is for a newer version. I suspect this isn't all that hard to fix, but it's definitely real work of the sort that a few months of funding would fix pretty efficiently.

Robert