[Ukfreebsd] Legacy systems

Robert N. M. Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Thu Apr 1 12:40:25 BST 2010

On 1 Apr 2010, at 11:03, Sevan / Venture37 wrote:

> I was wondering what's the oldest version of FreeBSD that you're still running in production?

One ISP I work with has rather extensive use of 4.x still, but managed to get off of 3.x eventually. My last 3.x system expired a few years ago with an uptime of about six years, which was quite pleasing :-). Most ISP-like sites I talk to deploy new systems as 7.x and 8.x, and the appliance vendors I interact with have all been in the process of going from 6.x (often 6.1) to 7.x in the last year or two.

... and in the mean time, I'm actively working on 9.x :-)

Robert