[Ukfreebsd] Internal ADSL2 Card

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jan 28 12:48:47 GMT 2009

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009, Mark Blackman wrote:

>>> I think internal cards are rare as hen's teeth in general and those with
>>> FreeBSD support are vapourware.
>>
>> But it does mean that your IP is untouched by the dodgy firmware is your
>> consumer router, which is very often the point.
>>
>> Or at least, it was the reason why I was looking for a ADSL2+ PCI card with
>> *BSD support, and in the end decided that I'd go for a Vigor when I had the
>> tuits to spare.

Probably of little comfort, but -- several of the mainstream DSL routers used
by DSL vendors in the UK use a FreeBSD network stack in some form, including
BT's HomeHub.  Mind you, it is heavily modified and not run in a FreeBSD
kernel :-).

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory
University of Cambridge