[Ukfreebsd] pfsense/Ethernet Modem - Vigor 100 (not 110!)

Passive PROFITS passiveprofits at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 25 19:23:52 GMT 2009

--- On Wed, 2/25/09, Jeff LaCoursiere <jeff at jeff.net> wrote:

> From: Jeff LaCoursiere <jeff at jeff.net>
> Subject: Re: [Ukfreebsd] pfsense/Ethernet Modem - Vigor 100 (not 110!)
> To: "Passive PROFITS" <passiveprofits at yahoo.com>
> Cc: Ukfreebsd at uk.freebsd.org
> Date: Wednesday, February 25, 2009, 8:04 AM

> You are on the right track.  You may be able to get the
> manual for this beast online rather than wait for them to
> ship something to you.

I tried google but got nowhere, hence the request direct to manufacturers ... However, ploughing about in the help files that ship with the gateway gave reference to a CLI; which has rather brilliantly brought me to google for a reference manual for that .... And I'm now sat looking at a 796 page reference manual for CLI operation for model v. closely related to mine -  http://www.elion.ee/docs/abi_info/kasiraamat/speedtouch_st706wl-780wl_cli.pdf

Also, and finally, after a bit of digging, the original user manual for exactly the right model:
http://www.pogadajmy.com.pl/st780/st780sip_userguide.pdf which fortunately does cover the basics of gaining access to the (flash?) drive.

Somewhere in there, I sincerely hope, is all the info I'm going to need to reconfigure it as a bridge (starting with how to access the CLI, as there is (rather unhelpfully) no way to do that from the web GUI!!)! :)

Thanks so much Jeff!  All the rest of your most helpful pointers below, also noted with much appreciation. ...  I think I'm going to be able to crack this now, even if not today, by the end of the week for sure, even if I have to read all 900 pages collected! :)

Brilliant; £40-£60 saved ...

Best,

PP

You may also get some help from your