[Ukfreebsd] PPPOA and FreeBSD

Steve Brownjohn Steve.Brownjohn at hackney.gov.uk
Tue Sep 23 07:56:33 BST 2008

Hi,

this may be a simple question and, yes, I have read the fine manual but
it left me more confused.

I use FreeBSD on a desktop computer, currently with a dial-up
connection. I want to move to broadband but I learn that the UK, along
with Belgium apparently, uses ppp over ATM rather than over ethernet.
The modem/router I'm buying (Linksys WAG200G) uses an ethernet cable to
the PC - can I set up the modem-internet connection as pppoa and then
tune the PC-modem connection as pppoe ? Or is there another workaround ?

Many thanks for any ideas on how I can configure this,

Steve

Hackney Council may exercise its right to intercept any communication with any employee or agent of the Council using its telephony or data networks. By using these networks you give your consent to Hackney Council monitoring and recording your communication.

If you have received this e-mail in error please delete it immediately and contact the sender.

For further information about Hackney Council policies please contact Hackney Service Centre on: 020 8356 3000

London Borough of Hackney may exercise its right to intercept any communication on its networks - for more information see
http://www.hackney.gov.uk/email_disclaimer.html