[Ukfreebsd] New UK FreeBSD List.

Josef Karthauser joe at tao.org.uk
Sat Sep 20 21:47:39 BST 2008

Hi Folks,

You'll hopefully have just received notification that you've been
subscribed to the ukfreebsd at uk.freebsd.org email list. This is
freebsd-users at uk.freebsd.org resurrected with the same membership
and email archives, but running on a new server.  The box at
Sky/Easynet/Pavilion that it was running on had not been upgraded
since about 98(!) and I believe was on FreeBSD-4.5. It was totally
unmanaged, and running by virtue of the fact that no-one had switched
it off.  When I left Pavilion I lost admin permissions to the box,
and although Glyn Grindstead remained and has helped when there
have been problems, it has mostly been a bit of a worry.

Thanks to the generousity of Exonetric (www.exonetric.net) the maillist
now has a new home on one of their servers, and I am hoping to provide
a far more reliable service than before. In particular I would like to
quash the extreme amount of spam that was going to the list, and by
changing its name I hope to get some was to achievinge that. For now
the old email address will continue to run, but I imagine that it will
be dropped at some point.

Please let me know if anything looks wrong.

Regards,
Joe

p.s. it would be great if someone with commit privs could modify the
email address over on the FreeBSD main web site. Thanks :).